You are all Diseased.  

Posted by Will Rutherford in

From time to time in my life I will stumble across something that will change my perspective on things. I'm not talking about sweeping life things, but things that I feel improves my taste. For example the first time I heard Train of Thought by Reflection Eternal It opened my eyes to a whole new world of underground hip hop. One such occurrence was when I heard the stand up comedy of George Carlin. Carlin on Campus to be exact. It changed my idea of what comedy could be.

I watched it over and over. It wasn’t just the comedy. It wasn’t just the words but it was also the rhythm and the timing. (Something Carlin would talk about many times in interviews.) He was multi-generational with a career spanning around 50 years. There is no stand up comedian that I can think of who wasn’t influenced one way or the other by his work. He revolutionized the stand up game time and time again while staying current with the era that we lived in.


On June 22, 2008, Carlin was admitted to St. John's Hospital in Santa Monica, California complaining of chest pain. He died later that day at 5:55 p.m. of heart failure at the age of 71.

We lost one of the comedians to hold the mic. He will be missed.


"I say live and let live. That's my motto. Live and let live. Anyone who can't go along with that, take him outside and shoot the motherfucker." -George Carlin

This entry was posted on Monday, June 23, 2008 at 8:30 AM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

1 comments

I found out this morning, scanning through Facebook, of all things. Not a good start to the day. RIP George Carlin.

June 23, 2008 at 10:55 AM

Post a Comment