Reality 101 Homework: I can feel the city breathing.  

Posted by Will Rutherford


This is it. This is the last time I'm doing this. The last time my feet will hit the stretch of pavement. I wont smell this street anymore. Wont stop to buy a dirty water hotdog on the corner. Wont get harassed by the same crackheads wanting change, the same hustlers pushing 3 card monte, the same paperboys asking me to buy The Times. I don't have to play the "good street bad street" game of Russian roulette anymore. I dont have to push through ever expanding crowds just to get a bottle of juice anymore. No more gang bangers, pimps, pushers, hoes, perverts, homeless, suits, cops, yuppies, hipsters, hustlers, thugs, tourists....

I always thought this city would swallow me whole. I'm kind of suprized it didnt. I kind of wish it did....

Song: Ever see 25th Hour? Almost anything from that.

This entry was posted on Friday, September 19, 2008 at 11:18 AM . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

1 comments

why so serious?

September 19, 2008 at 11:51 AM

Post a Comment