NaBloPoMo Day 7: The Lack of Carcinogens in My Lung Region  

Posted by Will Rutherford

Today I am 54 days without inhaling that sweet, sweet nicotine into my lungs and coating my soft tissues with tar and goodness. It hasn't been easy getting to this point. I decided that when I originally quit, I would do it cold turkey. In my opinion, this is the only way to do it. Anything else is a crutch, at least for me. Cutting back doesn't work, because then when that moment of stress and tension comes along, you have all those wonderful long slim and tasty friends there to fall back on. It is too easy.

-Insert picture of me smoking here. I cannot currently find one.-

Do I miss it? yes. Every freaking day. At least once a day I get the urge to smoke a wonderful and succulent Camel Menthol.

O how i miss thee. But Twitter friend and part time superhero @blackthir13en put in a brilliant manner: Today I want a cigarette like I want a baby penguin. I really don't need it I just kinda want one.

Yes indeed. 9 different shades of accurate. That's up there with My bear analogy.

Will I ever smoke again? I really hope not. I miss it, yes, but I don't miss the chest pains, the trouble breathing, the getting winded easily, the general feeling of miserableness and the overall suckass sensation of having to rely on tiny flaming papertubes of death.

No more smoking for Lunchbox. It is, after all, the Jedi way.



Thanks to everyone for their kind words and support. It means the world. Now if you'll excuse me I need to go
take up drinking.

This entry was posted on Friday, November 7, 2008 at 8:25 AM . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

1 comments

I am very proud of you darlin :) Keep it up! Smoking = Cancer = Death = No more Willy. Then who would entertain me everyday??

November 7, 2008 at 9:17 AM

Post a Comment